Adoption Lawyer Singapore
Planning to adopt a child but don’t know much about the process? There is no doubt that adoption is a lengthy and complicated process that involves a lot of documentation and legalities. This is where the adoption law firm plays its role. Exodus Law Corp is your safe and trusted choice when it comes to handling child custody. We promise to make the adoption process efficient so you can become a new parent without any hurdles.
Adoption Process Singapore
- First, the applicants have to attend a compulsory pre-adoption briefing (PAB), which is a 2 ½ hour long session. This session explains everything regarding the adoption process and the responsibilities of an adoptive parent / parents.
- Next, the applicants should say which child they wish to adopt. At the same time, they should also obtain official documentation for the child, i.e., a birth certificate and / or passport. They should also prepare a list of costs incurred in the process (this is to ensure that no money has been paid to the child’s biological parents in exchange for the adoption).
- After completion of the above steps, the applicants should submit the adoption application to the Family Justice Courts (either in-person or through a lawyer).
- In response to the application, the Family Justice Courts will order the applicants to file a request along with the necessary documents at the Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF).
- If the application is successful, the Family Justice Courts will appoint a Guardian-In-Adoption (GIA) who will appoint a child welfare officer from MSF to conduct interviews.
- Finally, the MSF will prepare an affidavit to submit to the Family Justice Courts. After this, a hearing date will be given to the applicants, where the final decision of adoption will be made.
What are the criteria for adoption?
Before going for adoption, you must know whether you meet the standard eligibility criteria. The prerequisites for adoption include:
- The age of the child should be less than 21 years old and single.
- The age of the applicant must be 25 years old.
- The age of the applicant must be at least 21 years older than the child (not more than 50 years old)
The Family Justice Courts will also look for consent from the relevant parties, which includes:
- The parents of a child
- Grandparents (where the age of the child’s parent is less than 21 years old)
- The child’s guardian (if applicable)
- Child’s custodian (where the custody of the child is given to a non-parent)
- If someone is supporting the child financially (other than the parents)
- Applicant’s spouse (if applicable)
The Benefits of Hiring an Adoption Law Firm
Here are the benefits of hiring an adoption lawyer in Singapore.
Adoption Procedure Is Made Simple
If you hire a professional lawyer, they will make the entire process of adoption much easier. They have qualified and experienced lawyers who will guide you efficiently through all the possibilities regarding child adoption. Moreover, their knowledge will help simplify the process by which you can make the child part of your family.
Legalities would be handled
Once you hire an adoption firm to handle your child adoption case, you will no longer have to worry about any legal issues. The lawyer will take care of the paperwork so you and your adopted child can live peacefully.
Quick and Efficient Services
The complete process of adoption takes about one year, or even longer in some cases. But if you hire a professional lawyer, they will make sure that the whole process moves forward quickly. Our lawyers will work efficiently by setting up productive meetings and submitting the required documents on time so that you can enjoy the privilege of becoming a parent soon.
Professional lawyers will save you from headaches and unwanted confusion. They will make the whole process hassle-free, which will save you time and energy.
Why choose us?
Child adoption is a long and hectic process that involves a lot of legalities. This is why you should make us your first choice. We make sure that the adoption process is handled seamlessly and efficiently. From preparing documents for filing to handling other legalities, our expert team of lawyers has got you covered.
In search of an affordable adoption law firm? Well, you have come to the right place. Exodus Law Corp provides efficient services at an affordable rate. We are among the number one adoption law firms in Singapore and guarantee to make the whole process of child adoption hassle-free. Reach us for further information and queries.
We enjoy doing adoptions where these adoptive children are usually given a better chance in life.